Dirty fuel injectors can lead to a number of issues with your engine, from poor performance to complete engine failure. It's important to recognize the symptoms of dirty fuel injectors and take action to clean them before it's too late. Here are three of the most common symptoms of dirty fuel injectors:
1. Poor Fuel Economy: One of the most common signs of dirty fuel injectors is reduced fuel economy. This is because dirty fuel injectors can cause a misfire, resulting in wasted fuel and reduced engine performance.
2. Rough Idling: Another symptom of dirty fuel injectors is rough idling when the engine is running. This can be caused by a buildup of fuel deposits in the injectors, causing them to spray too much or too little fuel into the engine.
3. Poor Performance: A third symptom of dirty fuel injectors is a general lack of performance. Injectors that are clogged or not spraying properly can cause your engine to run poorly, resulting in lower power or even stalling.
4. Vehicle not Starting: Another possible cause of your car not starting could be dirty fuel injectors. If your fuel injectors are clogged up with dirt and debris, it can affect the flow of fuel to your engine, resulting in a failure to start.
5. Dancing RPM: If you see the RPM needle start to dance, this could be a symptom of dirty fuel injectors. This is because when fuel injectors become clogged with dirt and grime, they can cause the engine to misfire and the RPM needle to jump.
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, it's important to take action and clean your fuel injectors. Doing so can help restore your engine's performance. Give Jesse's Garage European Auto Repair a call right away if you need fuel injection system cleaning.