SARASOTA CAR STORAGE TIPS AND FACILITIES
Many Floridians are just in the sunshine state part-time, with their summer home further north. Many keep cars down here and need to store their car during the months they are not in the area. Jesses’ Garage is happy to help our clients by providing some maintenance tips and a list of some of the car storage facilities around Sarasota.
We do not endorse any specific location, so make sure you call and check out the facility before storing your vehicle.
When looking for a car storage facility in Florida, pay attention to details such as:
- the length of the storage space to make sure it will accommodate your vehicle properly
- is the space climate controlled?
- will they be performing maintenance? (like battery checks or periodically starting the car)
- is the space clean and free of rodents?
- is any insurance provided?
- is the property gated?
Of course, before you store your car there are a few maintenance issues that should be done such as:
- making sure the battery is fully charged
- making sure the tire pressure is at the maximum recommendation
- add a fuel stabilizer to the gas tank
- have the car cleaned
- change the oil and oil filter
- top off your coolant
At Jesse's Garage, your local Florida mechanics in the Sarasota area, we have the expertise and experience to help you with any of these routine maintenance issues before you store your vehicle for the off season. Feel free to contact our office to set up your appointment!
Florida Car Storage Facilities
CubeSmart storage building located at 8250 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
Public storage building located at 5425 N Washington Blvd in Sarasota, FL
Florida Classic Car Storage
Located at 1195 Central Avenue Sarasota, FL 34236
Located at 2201 Fruitville Rd, Sarasota, FL
We recommend that after a car is stored for longer than a few months, it’s good to have it checked out by our technicians as well. We want to check battery life, condition of fuel, etc.
If you will need to store your car for a lengthy period in Sarasota, we will be happy to help you make sure that your vehicle is prepared properly and that it is in it’s best and safest condition afterwards!